So what do you do all day?
So what did you do today?
My husband asks me this almost every day. I used to feel he was interrogating me. But now, after 24 years, I think he is just curious. I am bi-vocational which means I have more than one job. I mean, other than being a mom. I am a pastor, church planter to be specific. And I am the admin for our small business. So, invoices, payroll, vendors, etc.
No two days are the same for me. And that is how I like it. So the thought occurred to bullet one of my days.
- Alarm at 5:45am (okay, I did hit the snooze…twice)
- Pack daughter breakfast
- Trip over dog
- Make coffee
- Drive daughter to school (30 min one way)
- Coffee at Panera (how do you think I make it through the day?)
- Solve internet issue over the phone
- 30 min sermon prep
- Listen to podcast
- Pick up daughter
- Listen to 2nd podcast
- Orthodontist appointment
- Explain to husband my schedule for the day (so far…because he asks every day)
- Drop daughter at home
- Emails to make earnest plea for volunteers
- Cut checks for vendors & mail
- Other emails
- Solve printer problem
- Gym time
- Prayer & devotions
- Chiropractic appointment
- Stop and pick up coffee & hamburger buns (2X since first place didn’t have buns)
- Throw burgers on grill
- Update website and close registration
- Make additional plea for volunteers (seriously, life happens)
- Second meeting cancelled
- Write Blog Post
- Mildly freak out over daughter’s last day of school and conversation with God about how fast time is going
- A little Netflix
- A load of laundry
- Trip over dog
- Double check alarm clock before going to bed (didn’t we just do this?)
- Thank God for A/C and allergy medicine before retiring for the night
So tomorrow I do this all over again. Well, not really. It’s a new day and I’m not sure what will happen. But I know God will be there…and I will probably drink coffee.