COVID19 DIARIES 3.23.20
Today is Monday. It’s my Sabbath. But it feels strange taking a Sabbath during a quarantine. I’m already not doing my regular work.
During this time, I’m keeping a daily list of my activities. Yesterday was pretty relaxed since I didn’t preach. But here are some of the things I did.
1. We gathered as a staff and few extras to lead worship online.
2. I gave announcements live wearing swim goggles and a floaty.
3. I had oatmeal and coffee during my morning prayer time. I always do this on Sunday and I wanted to keep the routine.
4. I watch two deer laying in our front yard.
5. I made pancakes and chili dogs for lunch. It’s a quarantine. You can eat whatever you want to!
6. I watched a LOT of my friends preaching online. I heard about 10 messages and I was so proud to be a Nazarene pastor. Is that bad? Can I be proud about it? All the ones I watched brought hope. No one was doom and gloom. And we really need to be hope peddlers right now!
7. I broke protocol and gave one of my staff members a hug. She needed it and promised to wash her hands.
9. I took the day off from cleaning. But I did wash my hands after using the bathroom.
10. I let the dog in and out and in and out again.
What about you?