One of my members is in Mexico. He can’t get home, but he sends me a photo each Sunday. It’s his way of letting me know he’s ok. Is there someone who’s worried about you during this Stay at Home order? Maybe you should send them a photo, too.
1. Sunday, I led worship through Zoom. It was strange and beautiful.
2. I spent a little more time in prayer.
3. I took a long nap.
4. I read a book.
5. I did bunch of little things that I don’t remember.
6. I got my clothes ready for my first day of my new job.
7. I binged a little TV.
8. I watched a few online sermons.
9. I hung out with my family.
10. I got to see my beautiful faith family and celebrate communion.
What about you?
Today will be our first Sunday celebrating the Lord’s Supper virtually. I’m not sure the first apostles ever imagined it, but God saw it long before we ever thought of the idea.
Yesterday, we spent a lot of time preparing for it. We did a practice run, but no idea if it will flow. It’s like planting the church all over again. Everything is new. Everything is experimental. But God is in our midst.
Here are my activities from yesterday:
1. I recorded my message about 4x
2. I worked on my sermon from my church office. No one was there.
3. I watered the plants in my office.
4. I spent time reading.
5. I spent extra time stretching because my hips are out of alignment. I haven’t been to the chiropractor in awhile. I need to find out if they’re open and get there on Monday.
6. Did I mention I recorded my message multiple times?
7. I uploaded video content which took FOREVER. Ok, not forever. But a long time.
8. I updated the graphics card on my laptop which also took a long time, but then my computer starting working faster. So that was nice.
9. I texted with some people.
10. I started a new journal.
Here’s the short version of my message.
Was yesterday Friday? It’s been Friday for two weeks. I keep setting my alarm and my brain is like…nope, you don’t actually have anywhere to go.
Yesterday I spent a lot of time learning new mediums for our Sunday worship. I feel like we’re cramming for the exam of a lifetime! How will we know if we passed?
Here’s my list of activities for Friday:
1. My daughter had a follow up visit at the doctor. One of her goals this year was to get some health issues under control. It’s hard being young and female. Doctors don’t listen to you. They think you’re being a drama queen. So I was there for moral support. He still spent more time directing answers to me. She is almost 21. What part of HIPAA?
2. My daughter and I decided we deserved a trip to Target after that experience. We did need to get an RX filled. Target is a VERY dangerous place during a quarantine. Not because of the virus, but because you can spend some serious money. And no one is there! The store all to yourself? Dangerous!
3. My husband has returned to the land of the living so I am now able to sleep in my bed. It was nice.
4. I spent 3 hours trying to learn the advanced features of Zoom.
5. I discovered The Mentalist on Amazon Prime.
6. I walked 5 miles on the treadmill while watching The Mentalist.
7. I tried to work on my sermon. Sigh.
8. I read for awhile.
9. I prayed for so many on my list.
10. I ate ice cream.
What about you?